Monday, June 11, 2007

Weather and Mosquitos

Just a short note about the weather. It has been around 50-55 degrees for most of our time here but on Saturday (helicopter day) it was 78 degrees, which tied the record for that day. The sun was shining all day and it was actually sort of hot. I got a little too much sun. Yesterday drizzled all day and today is the same. A little cool and drizzly.
I have only seen one mosquito. I was warned about them. I heard that they are huge and plentiful. But I think it might be a little too early for them. Plus it's really windy in Skagway. Skagway means "windy place" in the native language.
Today we are going on a couple of short hikes and I am making vegetable soup for Ashley and her co-workers. I loaded a new album last night so check it out. There are now two and I think I will have another one tomorrow.

1 comment:

K. A. Laity said...

One mosquito? Are you sure you're in Alaska? Sounds like a lot of fun and the cool weather is envied right now (it's 80s here today). Great pictures!